Hey – Great to see you again! I’m going out on a limb here, and assuming you might also be experiencing the same lack of time that we are experiencing in our day to day lives!
Even if you don’t have a ‘time problem’ in your world, keep reading – these are some pretty cool time saving hacks, that you’ll definitely want to incorporate (at least a few of these) in your world!
- Break your tasks into 5, 10, and 20 minute tasks – use music as your timer – each song is roughly 5 minutes (so you’ll have 1, 2, and 4 song tasks!)
- Put your bills on autopay – best thing I ever did!
- Use to-do lists – use your phone, pen and paper, or even a whiteboard – keeps you from letting important things from falling through the cracks
- Set up a catch all basket for things to go upstairs/downstairs so you aren’t constantly running up and down stairs
- Plan menu and use shopping list – not only helps throughout the week with the ‘what to make for dinner’ dilemma, but also saves money!
- Use electronic calendar app on your phone to remind you of time critical items – example: to pull things out of freezers to defrost, time to get ready for an event, phone calls that have to be made during business hours, etc
- Limit time spent on social media – this can totally zap your time – set yourself time throughout the day but limit it – too easy to get pulled into the black hole of social media……
- Plan for tomorrow – set out your outfits, pack lunch, gather things you’ll need for tomorrow, if you have a programmable coffee maker set it to have coffee ready for you in the morning – make this a routine before bed
- Declutter your home – slim down your clothes, throw out the catalogs, etc
- Break house cleaning into 5 minute tasks (things you can accomplish in ONE SONG) – examples:
- Spot clean your bathroom in 5-minutes – use disinfectant wipes, or a spray cleaner and paper towels
- Do a daily 5-minute pick-up in your home. Grab a laundry basket and walk around your home, throw in anything that doesn’t belong in that room (set yourself another song to spend another 5 minutes putting everything back in its rightful place)
- Spend 5 minutes every day cleaning the hot spot in your house that is the catch all spot to keep it tidy – for me it is those catalogs and piles of mail!
- Empty the dishwasher, because you can then put dirty dishes into the dishwasher instead of leaving them by the sink
- Make your bed
- Sweep the floor
- Vacuum a room
- Pick up dirty laundry and start a load of laundry – you’d be surprised at how much one load a day makes the chore of laundry less daunting – each laundry related task takes less than 5 minutes
- Wash your interior windows- use spray on window cleaner and a squeegee
- Scrub down the shower
- Clean the microwave – spray with windex and turn on for 30 seconds and wipe down with paper towel
- Empty all of the trash cans in your house
- Wash your dishes after each meal
- Dust – use the sock on one hand method
If you think of other tasks that take less than 5 minutes (or ONE SONG), be sure to leave them in the comments section! I’d love to learn from you as well!
So since we’re on the subject of ‘time’, here’s a few of our favorite songs about time:
Pink Floyd Time:
Jim Croce ‘Time in a Bottle”
Alan Parsons Time
Boston ‘Foreplay/Long Time’
Green Day ‘Time of Your Life’
Dirty Dancing ‘Time of My Life’
If you have some favorite songs about TIME that we haven’t listed, please list them in the comments – we’re here to learn from you too!!
Well I hope we’ve given you some great ideas and tips on saving time, and even better, bringing back some memories with songs of time. Be sure to leave comments for me – I’d LOVE to hear from YOU!!
Until next time……. (ha! see what I did there? LOL)